Saturday, August 27, 2022

Is the Megastructures Book Sold Out? And Other Answers

Hey everyone!

Getting pinged a lot on this, so decided to write one big Q&A post on the Megastructure book.

First off, a huge thank you to everyone who bought the book, this has been a tremendous success. I was blown away when we funded the Kickstarter in just over 24 hours, but then the presales on gumroad afterwards were also tremendous. And every positive comment I've received from people who got the book and are enjoying it just brightens my day.

So for those who don't have a copy of the book and still do, here's the current situation. We have sold and shipped almost 1400 of the 1500 copies of the book that were printed. So there's approx 100 left. I have tables at both the Rose City Comicon in Portland on Sept 9th-11th and Lightbox Expo in Los Angeles Oct 14-16, and so the current remainder books are reserved for those two shows. I also have a couple extras I'm setting aside for now in case a book gets damaged or lost during shipping so I can get the kickstarter and gumroad people replacement books.

Once the shows are done, any books that are left over I will put back up for sale on my gumroad store, likely on or around Oct 18-19th.

So if you still want a book, your options are...

1) to follow my social media posts, and I'll post the moment those books go up for sale. 

2) email me at artofsoulburn at gmail and I'll add you to a wait list which I will email the moment those books go up for sale.

3) Purchase the digital copy of the book which is available here: https://artofsoulburn.gumroad.com/l/qnntu

Will the book ever get reprinted? So I'd love to do a second printing of the book, but to make it feasible, I'd have to print minimum another 1000 copies of the book. Which means I'd need 10s of thousands of dollars up front to get them printed and shipped. That is not out of the question, but I'd really need hundreds of presales to do that. Or maybe a second Kickstarter. So it's possible, but logistically difficult. I'll have to do some thinking on this and see what the demand is like, and what's the best way to turn that demand into enough presales to get a new book made. 

Anyways, hopefully that covers most of the questions, again, I am equal parts shocked and happy there's so much demand for the book, I want to find some way to get a book into the hands of every person who wants one, so I'll do what I can.

Any further questions, feel free to message me.

- Neil


http://www.neilblevins.com/megastructures/megastructures.htm

No comments: