Monday, June 18, 2018

Incredibles 2

So Incredibles 2 came out this weekend (95% on rotten tomatoes!), and I wanted to say a few words. The first Incredibles was my first film at Pixar, and Incredibles 2 was my last film at Pixar, as I left in January after 16 years of service.

While I did a number of things on Incredibles 2, my biggest contribution was the giant drill vehicle the underminer uses. I helped design it, and then did 99% of the modeling and texturing of the vehicle, interior and exterior. While I don't have any specific stats, I seem to remember the modeling coming in somewhere in the couple of hundred thousand separate object mark, and the whole project took me 8 months to complete. Certainly the most challenging single model I have ever done, and I want to say huge thanks to Nathan Fariss, Josh West and Chris Burrows for basically handing me the vehicle and letting me do my thing. With all the pipes and rust, it was the perfect prop to end my Pixar career on.

Please go see this film, or if you've already seen it, please go see it again and again. Buy tickets and tell all your friends! I am proud of the film, proud of my team, and may Pixar continue to do the Incredible!


No comments: