Monday, December 28, 2020

Yearly Wrap Up, Goodbye 2020, may we never see the likes of you again!

What a mess of a year! I'm sure I don't have to tell you what a crazy year this has been, we've all experienced it ourselves, and did our best to weather its uncertainty, it's troubles, and even a few of you likely had to battle the virus in person. But it's time for the yearly round up of soulburn art, and 2020 isn't gonna stop me from doing it, so here goes.

In a week I will have been working at Monolith for 2 years as a staff concept artist. We were the lucky ones, the videogame industry is still going strong since so many customers had to stay indoors, many friends in the live action portion of the film industry had a much more difficult year (not to mention all of the front line workers, essential workers, etc), looking forward to everyone moving in the right direction again in 2021. As for our new game, I'm currently on concept piece #633, still awhile before we can show what we've been working on, but leave it to say I have a lot of new artwork to choose from when it comes time to share. Really proud of the entire Monolith team, this game is gonna be crazy cool! 

The main focus this year for me in my side hussle was the Megastructures book. We're about a week away from all the artwork for the book being completed (will do a separate post on that when it is). While a lot of work, really really happy with how the book is going so far, and I think you will be too. And thanks to the awesome guest artists who helped out!

Then 2020 saw the release of V1 Interactive's "Disintegration" videogame, and the release of a bunch of concept art I made for the game. Did my 4th Inktober. Posted a whole bunch of new video tutorials to my youtube channel. No comicons this year for obvious reasons, hope to see that change next year.

So for 2021, I'll be continuing to work on the Monolith game (and may even return to the office mid year after 1.5 years working from home), and the main work on the Megastructures book will be done, and we can focus on publishing, either with a major publisher or kickstarting a self published book.

To everyone who has been following my work this year, thanks you so much for being a part of this journey. May the coming of the vaccine allow us all to focus again on connecting with each other in person. We are social creatures, and this year has made that very hard. So may next year be a renaissance of parties, concerts, and human connection. And may everyone who has been affected by 2020 (whether its sickness, losing a loved one, losing their job) get back on track in 2021!

No comments: