Max 9 to Max 2012 will no longer be updated:
Pack 088 (released December 2014) will be the last for these older copies of max (and will remain downloadable on my website). This will let me add new features more easily to newer scripts.
How To Uninstall the older script pack for Max 2013 and up users:
This is necessary to get the new script pack to work, so please delete the files in these directories...
- c:\3dsmax\scripts\SoulburnScripts\images: all files
- c:\3dsmax\scripts\SoulburnScripts\lib: all files
- c:\3dsmax\scripts\SoulburnScripts\scripts: all files
- c:\3dsmax\UI_ln\Icons: All files that start with the word "SoulburnScripts_".
- c:\3dsmax\UI_ln\IconsDark: All files that start with the word "SoulburnScripts_".
- c:\3dsmax\MacroScripts: the SoulburnScripts.mcr and SoulburnScriptsExtras.mcr files.
- c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\SoulburnScripts\presets: all files
Install Pack 089:
Pack 089 can be installed as normal, and contains all the changes.
Scripts that have been deleted:
- bitmapPagerManager: These functions don't seem to do anything anymore in modern versions of max.
- cameraMapGeminiRender: Replaced with cameraMapTemplateRenderer.
- faceNormalDisplayer: Worked incorrectly for too many objects inside max.
- materialIDRandomizer: Replaced with iDRandomizer.
- pointTracker: Never worked properly.
- powerSolidsManager: Powersolids no longer exists for modern versions of max.
- selectionHighlighter: Never worked reliably.
- surfaceSnapper: Replaced with Placement tool in max.
- uVWMappingCopier: Never worked reliably.
Scripts that have been renamed:
- wireBundler -> wireMaker
- modifySubdivIters -> subdivisionIterationManip
- attachSelectedObjects -> objectAttacher
- makeObjectsUnique -> objectUniquefier
- findbyActiveMaterial -> objectSelectorByMaterial
- findInstances -> instanceFinder
- findUniqueObjects -> uniqueObjectFinder
- getNodeType -> nodeTypeDisplayer
- getMatFromSelectedObject -> materialFromSelectedObject
- putPivot -> pivotPlacer
If there's anything I can do to help with this transition, please don't hesitate to contact me, and I'll help out in anyway I can. And thanks again for following my work for the last 10 years, its been quite a ride.